- God created light and He separated light from darkness.
- God named the light as day and the darkness as night.
- Naming and separating things was done as a matter of sovereignty or control. God is the Sovereign of the universe.
- Science which thinks of light in terms of physical properties.
- The ancients consider light as a phenomenon. It doesn’t mean that light was caused by the sun, moon or stars.
- When God caused the universe into existence, it must be noted that it pertains to a functional existence. Meaning that light and darkness was there because of their function. The function of light and darkness is to tell time.
- The element of time is one of the first dimensions in created in the world.
MacArthur, John F.. The MacArthur Study Bible, NASB (Kindle Location 2108). Thomas Nelson. Kindle Edition.
HarperCollins Christian Publishing. NIV, Cultural Backgrounds Study Bible, eBook: Bringing to Life the Ancient World of Scripture (Kindle Location 7229). Zondervan. Kindle Edition.
Zondervan. The NIV Zondervan Study Bible, eBook: Built on the Truth of Scripture and Centered on the Gospel Message (Kindle Location 7000). Zondervan. Kindle Edition.